Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Synopsis:
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.



Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survival





Review:
Oh em gee! Guys lets just say that everything I heard about this book was right! It was amazinglysuperfantastical beyond belief. You know you enjoyed trying to read my made up word. Anywho I was super happy when I received this copy in the mail by winning a giveaway!


I jumped right into it after I was finished reading the other book I was working on. The beginning was a bit dry for my taste, but it really picked up in the next few chapters. I was one of the people that read the book before the movie! Which I was very proud of myself for doing because I had to wait to watch the movie seeing as how I was half way through it when the movie came out in theaters.


Katniss is an amazing lead character! I adore the way she has to act fearless and like an adult because of the situation at hand. But inside I know she has a soft spot. It's touching the way she talks about certain people in her life and shows her feelings towards them. Gale I'm not so sure about the way I feel towards his character I like what I've read about him but I didn't get enough of him in the picture to really tell if I liked him or disliked him more.


Peeta! Well lets just say he's not my favorite character, but he is up there. He's sweet, shy, and has an innocents about him that I like. Throughout the story I had mixed feelings about him because some of the things that happen which I won't spoil, but I'm kind of on a balance here. I like him but I don't.


Back to the main story line. The Hunger Games is thrilling and suspenseful I was never bored and there was always something lurking in the corner to surprise me. I would be reading and talk to myself like "Oh this is going to happen" and the something else happened so I was bad at guessing the "next big thing" when it came the this one.


This is becoming a really long review but I could go on and on about this book. So I'll just stop while I'm ahead and finish by saying I can't wait to reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay!


Love&Rockets,
                      -K♥

No comments:

Post a Comment